I am writing this before our ministry together starts August 1. Having only met a few of you thus far and only knowing one member (Stacy Brannan-Smith), I thought I would begin our life together by sharing five fun facts about me:
- I love practical jokes (as long as they’re not mean spirited). I once pulled off a practical joke on a lawyer with the help of a nun and a Yorùbá priestess.
- Chocolate is my favorite food, it comes from a plant so that makes it a vegetable, right?
- I once spent a week at Georgia O’Keefe’s Ghost Ranch learning to paint retablos (Southwestern iconography) from artist Juanito Jimenez. I learned that I needed to keep my day job.
- When I was 18, I went on a marine biology educational trip led by Jacques Cousteau’s son Jean-Michel. I was disappointed to discover that I get sea sick very easily.
- I have eaten the same thing for breakfast for 19 years — a Luna Bar, cup of non-fat yogurt, and a Diet Pepsi.
What are five fun facts about you that folks at Maynard may not know? I am looking forward to getting to know each of you and discovering all the possibilities for our doing ministry together.
I will be scheduling get acquainted gatherings soon so BOLO for the signup sheet.